Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Smoothies and Shrimp

Now who said smoothies are a kid friendly food?  The kid's had smoothies for lunch and this is what happened.  He was happy though. :)


Last night I finally made that spicy shrimp recipe.  I liked it very much and I hope you will too.  It's super easy after you shell the shrimp to just throw the shrimp in the skillet with the marinade and cook it in the marinade.  I omitted the jalapenos cause I didn't want it too spicy for my kids.  I did use the cayenne pepper though and it wasn't too spicy.  You be the judge for your own family.

1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
3 T olive oil
1 tsp grated zest and 5 T juice from 3 limes (I used 1 lime and 1 lemon and there was enough juice)
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

1 1/2 pounds shrimp

*can sprinkle with minced fresh cilantro if you have it.  I don't, so I didn't.

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Meredith he is soooooooooo cute!

Unknown said...

I know right?!