I got this idea again, from my favorite blog,
heavenly homemakers. It was super easy and it makes a gallon worth of hand soap. If you have the foaming hand soap pumps then it stretches even further. I bought a lemongrass all natural "ZUM" bar that was 3 oz. The recipe says to use a 4 oz bar, so I just reduced the water a bit. You put the water in a big pan and heat it up until it just begins to steam and put in your grated soap bar. Take it off the heat and stir and let sit for 15 minutes. Then take an electric mixer and mix for a few minutes. Let it sit overnight and then the next day stir again with the mixer. There ya go... all done.
I am conducted an experiment with the laundry soap. I put mustard on two old shirts and I can not tell one difference in the performance of my homemade laundry soap and All Free And Clear. After the initial washing I treated the stains with stain remover and washed them again in just plain water and almost all the stains came out. Here are the photos.
Before...
After...
so in the end, I do think the homemade detergent is a good investment. I would still have a stain remover handy, but it passes my test at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment