Monday, August 15, 2011

Thoughts on a Monday

I heard a bit of a sermon on the radio today.  He said something that stuck with me.  He said when we are young we are always asked "What are you going to be?(when you grow up)"  Then when you get into high school and college and young adulthood you change that question a bit to "What am I going to do to make a difference?  How do I make a difference?" and then in mid-life you start asking "What am I going to leave behind?  What will my legacy be?"  Well... what does it mean if you ask all three of those questions at once?  I thought those questions were worth pondering.

Here are a few pictures of the kids yesterday eating pudding and Zeke getting his first haircut.  I couldn't stand the baby mullet anymore.  Ben decided he'd do it himself.  I was... um... a little nervous, but it came out ok.  I love these two so much.  I've been reading the book "The Help" and I've been doing what a maid in the book does with one of the white kids.  She sits her on her lap and says "repeat after me.... I'm smart (and then Gwen says I'm smart ect...), I'm important, I'm kind, God loves me, Mama loves me, daddy loves me... ect.  It's pretty sweet.  What a wonderful thing to say a blessing over your child in that way.  She gets this great big smile on her face when I start that up.  



He was saying "cheee" for that picture.



No comments: