Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Barbecue Meatloaf

We had this last night and if you are a fan of meatloaf like me, you will love this.  I thought it was incredible.  I used Jack Daniel's Hickory Brown Sugar BBQ sauce because that's what I had in the house, but you can use whatever you have access to.

1 1/2 lb 93 percent lean ground beef
1/2 C dry bread crumbs
1/2 C finely chopped onion
1/3 C barbecue sauce, divided
1 T prepared mustard
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp coarse salt (I used sea salt)
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 egg whites

Heat oven to 350.  Combine all the ingredients (only 1 T of bbq sauce in this mixture) and shape into a loaf.  Put it on a broiler pan and put the remaining BBQ sauce on top.  Bake 1 hour.  Let it stand 10 minutes before cutting into slices.

No comments: