Saturday, August 27, 2011

Durufle Loveliness

A couple of songs from the Quatre Motets we are working on for the Chorale this season.  Translations are below the video.



Ubi Caritas

Where there are charity and love, God is there.
The love of Christ has bound us together.
Let us exult and rejoice in this.
Let us fear and love the living God.
and esteem him with a sincere heart

Tota pulchra es
Maria, you are wholly beautiful,
Original sin is not in you.
Your raiment is white as snow;
and your face is like the sun
Maria, you are wholly beautiful,
Et macula originalis non est in te.
You are the glory of Jerusalem,
You are the happiness of Israel
You give honour to our people.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Ubi Caritas....this song has always sounded like a beautiful lullaby to me. I love the tension in some of those chords at the end!! You guys blend wonderfully. I am so glad you have the opprutunity to sing, thank you for sharing this, it has made my day!!

Unknown said...

This is not actually my choir. I did like how this choir sounded though. Out of the motet I've only sung Ubi Caritas but the rest of them are beautiful too.