Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dazed Hummingbird and Kitchen Helper

This was our magical moment of the day.  We just got new windows and one of them is a large picture window.  Ben heard a thump and saw a hummingbird fall into our hedge.  The hummingbird ran into our window and got dazed and confused.  Ben held him in his hand for a minute and then he flew away.  Look at Ben's concerned face.  Oh, and I saw a barn owl for the first time today.. in a cage...but still... GORGEOUS.


Gwen stood out in our yard for a while with her hand extended waiting for the hummingbird to sit on her hand.


Our picture window.  We got rid of the starburst... yippee!!!  Now I can REALLY spy on my neighbors and see what good things they have in their trash piles on trash day.  Did I say that out loud?  Well.. you know what I mean.


Here's my little kitchen helper making steel cut oats.  I've made a concerted effort to teach her the basics of kitchen knowledge... and she's very good about telling me not to touch the eye of the stove when it is bright red.  She tells me it is a sign saying "do not touch!"



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hummingbird picture and then Gwen waiting to have the little bird return again on her hand!

Granny P

Stephanie said...

I love the fact that Gwen is doing all of this in a dance outfit :-) How cute!