Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lovin' Life

I just got through putting Gwen to be and I read her this book.  It is my favorite of her books at the moment.  I got it from a Goodwill store and it is precious.  It's called "When I'm Sleepy" by Jane R. Howard and illustrated by Lynne Cherry.  The illustrations are beautiful too.  Check it out at the library if you can.

By the way, we've been sick for the last three weeks so we've missed church.  I asked Gwen tonight before bed, "hey, guess where we get to go tomorrow?" (the answer being church) and she replied, "California!"  It made ma laugh.


Uncle Jake is back in town for a few weeks and then back to Haiti.  He works with an organization that helps orphans in Haiti.  Our kids LOVE their Uncle Jake and I can honestly say that he is one of the few people upon first meeting that Zeke has taken to.


Hum.. think this is an indicator that I'm not a shopper?  Time to darn that sock!  :)


Have I told you lately just how gaga crazy I am for my little Zekeaboy?  That's what I call him most of the time... Zeke-a-boy.  He has discovered his musical gifts in a recorder I found in the basement that I used to use when I was a music teacher.  Oh, the thrilling sound of a recorder.  He's so pleased with himself though that I sometimes, and I said sometimes, don't have the heart to take it away from him. 


Here is Zeke providing some after dinner entertainment for our family.  And before you comment about Gwen laying down on the table... well... what can I possibly say to that??? Yes, she in fact is on the table providing the percussion.



* You have to go to www.benmere.blogspot.com to see the video if you're reading this on facebook.

2 comments:

joy said...

yes..perfectly said Mer..i think i wonder at the strength of my back and wonder if God just wants me to do some strength training and be able to carry more..you know??

Smilo said...

I love the recorder...Zeke does such a wonderful job!