Monday, March 14, 2011

What To Do... What To Do

What to do when you have sick kids and can't get out of the house much... well, we do crafts and watch cartoons and play as much as they can stand and read books and rock in the rocking chair and cuddle.  It's days like this that I am thankful I get to stay home with them.  I mean, who knows their little hurts and every inch of them better than Ben and I?

Here's a little leprechaun we made today of construction paper.  Try explaining to a 2 1/2 yr old what a leprechaun is.  It went something like "a leprechaun is not real, but it is just pretend and they are little men with beards that are tricky and keep watch over the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow and some people like to draw them and stuff around St. Patrick's Day."  I've decided that on Thursday we'll have a whole meal of only green things for fun.  After her nap I'll get her to brainstorm with me on things that are green to have. 



Also we have been making jewelry out of pipe cleaners.  My necklace is a rare blue diamond like off of the Titanic movie.  By the way, this is me without makeup- so don't judge me! :)


This is Ben's lovely earring.


This is Gwen making a bracelet.

  

My poor baby girl... this is Gwen with hand foot and mouth disease.  Kitty Cat makes her feel better and she asks for medicine oh, about a 100 times a day.  When she is sick she asks for me to hold her a lot which is unusual for her.  I am loving the opportunity to hold her and brush her hair back from her face and look at her long eyelashes and just drink her in.  You moms know what I'm talking about.
  I am ready for this dreaded illness to leave our house and for SPRING to come!!

No comments: