Friday, March 04, 2011

Sure On This Shining Night

This is our sister choir, Phoenix Chorale, singing Sure On This Shining Night.  We are preparing to sing this song on our concerts Sunday and Tuesday evening.  Lovely song with lovely words.  I'll print the words below.  I read up about the poem and it is a portion of a larger work from a book entitled "Permit Me Voyage" by James Agee.  This poem depicts going from life to death.  I think it is very thought provoking and beautiful.

Sure on this shining night
Of star made shadows round,
Kindness must watch for me
This side the ground.
The late year lies down the north.
All is healed, all is health.
High summer holds the earth.
Hearts all whole.
Sure on this shining night I weep for wonder wand'ring far
alone
Of shadows on the stars.




*If you are viewing this on facebook, you must go to www.benmere.blogspot.com to see the video.  Gracias and come again!

No comments: