Thursday, March 04, 2010

Ugli Fruit

So my neighbor came by yesterday and told me that her brother had this fruit called "ugli" fruit in his food class.  Just what are they teaching kids these days?  Anyhow... I had never heard of it before, but she said the teacher got it from Price Chopper and now I'm obsessed with getting one to try it.  I've read up on it and everything.  I'll have to report to all that read this blog just what an "ugli" fruit tastes like.  (It's supposed to be a cross between a grapefruit and a tangelo.. more on the tangelo side)  Here's a pic of it.  Now you know why they call it "ugli".


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It really is ugly, but the description sounds wonderful. Chloe and I have eaten our weight in navel oranges this year. They have been soooo good!

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I think I have seen those at Robert Is Here.