Well... I'm just kind of hanging out tonight so I guess I'll explain the "kick the puppy" comment. When I was single I made up this phrase "kick the puppy" to tell someone to get rid of a guy that wasn't good for them. That's kind of how it feels to get rid of someone you have feelings for and that's how it came about. I was talking with someone and I used it in an analogy. I said that it's kind of like a dog comes to your door and you are amused or you feel sorry for it so you feed it. It comes again the next day.. no big deal...you feed it. Then it starts coming every day and it starts taking up your time, your money, and emotional energy. You know you shouldn't be feeding it, but you do. You know you ought to find a way to get it off of your porch, but you've started developing feelings for it and you are not sure how to get it off or if you want it to really. The thing is... you've got to "kick the puppy". Even though it hurts you can't go on feeding this dog you can't let inside the house. Yes, I know not all men are dogs and so forth. I married an exceptional man myself and would never compare him to a dog. But if I did... he'd be the giant flying dog from the Never Ending Story. I just asked him what dog he'd like to be and he said that one. :) That just goes to show how unique he truly is people!!

In my search for an image of the Never Ending Story dog I came across this painting someone did. It's Jesus riding the Never Ending Story dog. I really do not mean this to be sacrilegious, but I thought it was hilarious.
My sister-in-law, Beki, says she took this idea global when she went to India. She told people about it there and they latched on to it. If you've ever had to break up with someone that wasn't good for you, well, I'll bet you identify with that analogy.
3 comments:
Hey, I survived kicking the puppy...or maybe he did that to me? Whatever. I am feeling better for it.
Granny B - Baa mah
haha hey im interested in your thoughts on my 'stay at home post'
I thought that big dog was a dragon? I guess that's better than being a dog anyway.
Post a Comment