Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Poem for Daddy

I did not write this, but I found it yesterday and thought it was so sweet.  We made an art project out of it.  I put yellow paint on a paper plate and I tried to get Gwen to step in it and then put her foot on a piece of construction paper.  Um.. it didn't quite work out with Gwen, so Zeke helped me out.  Then we put the poem on the paper.  I thought it would be a nice thing for him to have at work.

Walk a little slower, Daddy,
Said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps,
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
Your'e what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you.

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

What no picture of the craft!

Beki Lee said...

Exactly what I was thinking Leah!