Thank you Lord for a sense of humor. I honestly think I'd go insane if I couldn't laugh at myself. Most of the time I like to keep this blog upbeat and without drama, but occasionally I like to pull back the curtain and let you see what my real life is like. Here is what happened just this morning.
Zeke starts whining a bit in his bassinet and moving his arms about, so I sit up in bed and try to feed him. He's falling asleep and just not into it and so I lay him back down in his bassinet and lay down myself for a few more minutes of shut eye. Just as soon as I get the covers on and I settle in I hear Zeke go to the bathroom... #2. So.. I sit back up and start to change his diaper. Everything is going as planned until he starts peeing. He pees on himself, his blanket, his face and head, outfit and the bassinet sheet before I can cover him up. SO... I am wiping him off with cold wipes and he's screaming his head off. I finally get a new diaper on, new outfit on, and by this time he's wide awake, so I'm feeding him. Just as he gets started I hear Gwen wake up down the hall.
I take Zeke into Gwen's room and finish nursing him all the while talking with Gwen, trying to sing with her.. and so forth. She is standing in the crib, with the crib sheet almost all the way off and her diaper has leaked all over herself, but not on the sheet. I lay Zeke down in her crib and lift her out. I take off her clothes, change her diaper all the while giving her every stuffed animal within my reach to help her be still. Then I set her down, pick up Zeke and tell Gwen we are going into my room so I can get into some clothes. (I have someone coming over at 9am with their child to play) So... I set Zeke down and Gwen is playing around pushing buttons on Zeke's bassinet to hear music and vibration and lights while I pull on my sweat pants (LOVE THEM) and brush my teeth. There is no makeup, there is no brushing of the hair people... this is survival! Then we all go downstairs.
I get Gwen's breakfast going, but before I can get her into her high chair she has put her stuffed animal puppy she sleeps with in the trash can. I throw away an old empanada that she had left on her tray from last night and she comes apart. Mind you, it is harder than a brick at this point. So.. I get it out of the trash and put it on her tray again. I know... I gave in. Then I get bath water ready for Zeke. While she's eating I give him a bath and then and only then do I have time for breakfast. I hope this diet plan works for me. OK.. enough real life.. let's get back to Ugli fruits and soup!! :)
Friday, March 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i can't begin to tell you how many times I've left the house without makeup or brushing my hair. Make up I'm not really into all the time anyway, but at least I used to brush my hair.
Post a Comment