Spiced Nuts
1 egg white
1 pound nuts
sugar substitute or sugar 1/2 C (you can go a little less if you want... I used real sugar instead of sugar substitute. I don't do that stuff while breastfeeding or pregnant)
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
beat eggs until frothy. Add nuts and cover them well in the egg white. Mix other ingredients in separate bowl and then add to the nut/white mixture. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
I made homemade pizza last night using this dough recipe. It was great! Maybe we will try to do pizzas every Friday night and try different varieties. That would be fun. Does your family have a night where you make the same thing?
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast (One packet)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions:
Combine flours, yeast, salt, and sugar in a stand mixer, using the dough hook attachment, mix on low speed.
Combine warm water and oil in a measuring cup.
With the motor running on low speed, gradually pour in enough of the liquid until the mixture forms a sticky ball. The dough should be quite soft. If it seems dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of warm water; if too sticky, add 1 to 2 tablespoons flour.
Mix until the dough forms a ball, then increase the speed to medium and mix for 1 minute to knead.
Lightly coat a large bowl with cooking spray. Place dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let rise about an hour, or until doubled in size.
Punch down and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes before rolling.
*If you want to knead by hand feel free - knead for about 10 minutes.
As made, this recipe makes about 1 pound of dough.
To Bake:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Sprinkle a little cornmeal on a clean surface and roll out the dough, use your hands to stretch it out. Place on sprayed pizza pan and spread out to desired thinness and size.
Pre-bake dough in oven for 3-4 minutes. Add desired toppings and bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly, approximately 12 minutes or so.
3 comments:
We had a homemade pizza about a week ago and it was so easy it made me wonder why we don't do it more often!
We don't have any theme nights, but someday we might, I have thought about it a little.
If you are going for a pizza night, try http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Shrimp--n--Veggie-Pizza
it is really yummy, I made it with peppers instead of asparagus though.
I Will! Thanks Leah! By the way, I'm obsessed with that yellow curry sauce. I eat it as a dip, as a salad dressing... I really have to watch how much I eat that stuff.
You and Caleb! He loves that stuff!
Post a Comment