Tonight Ben and I had a date night scheduled. Our plans included dinner at Chipotle and then wandering around Home Depot to get gift ideas for Ben. We got out the door and ate at Chipotle and we called once to see how things were going with Gwen... Ben's mom called us once after that and she was having a little meltdown... so we raced home. We got in the car and Ben said "that was really nice Meredith... all 20 minutes of it" and we both laughed. On the way home we get another call and Ben gets his phone out of his pocket and drops it in the floor board. I tell him to not kill us on the way home (I'm sweet huh?)... so about half a mile from home he pulls over and searches for his phone. I tell him that by the time he gets his phone we could already be home... so we just forget the phone and go on home. I'm thinking she will be having a meltdown when I get in.... only to find she has fallen asleep and that was the reason for the phone call on our way home. :) Oh well... Home Depot on another night it seems.
You may be wondering why I use ellipses so much... (by the way, those are the three dots) I just like them. You may also wonder how I have time to post twice in one day on here. Well... I consider this my link to the outside world really. I get out only briefly these days and the only adult conversations I get are, "oh, how old is your baby?" "is she sleeping through the night?" "She is sitting so nicely in her carrier... I'm so jealous" which is all fine and good... but I need some mental stimulation besides all that. I mean, I didn't get a college degree just to answer those two questions ya know?
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's ok Meredith, once she is a toddler and tearing your house apart, you won't have any use for mental stimulation.
you're probably right on that Leah!
Post a Comment