Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weekly Meal Plan

Here it is for this week. Let me know if you want a recipe. Leah, I still owe you the javanese chicken. I just want to add that I went to Aldi's today and found bread for $0.05!!

grilled sage shrimp, asparagus, corn
antipasta pizza, corn
turkey spaghetti casserole, salad
turkey enchiladas, steamed broccoli
slow cooker sloppy joes, carrots, salad

Thanksgiving (the part I'm responsible for)
cheesy grits- now, I know what you're thinking... GRITS?? These are good ya'll. I was asked to bring these last year by Ben's Grandma and I thought it was crazy to bring grits, so I told her no. Someone else brought them and they were the best thing there! I got the recipe for these that day. By the way, I ended up bringing a turkey and having to carve that thing almost made me swear off turkey for life.

double batch brownies- from a mix for ease

Swedish Knackebrod- these are rye crackers. I've never made these before. Lots of extended family are Swedish... and I want to get points with Ben's Grandma... especially after telling her no to the grits last year!

day after Thanksgiving- chili A bunch of us are bringing soups over the following day... I got elected to bring chili.

I can't wait until Thanksgiving!! Not because of the food, but because of the people. Ben has a large family, at least compared to mine and we all sit around playing cards, singing, talking, laughing at kids, and eating. I love the yearly talent show too. This year I'm helping a little boy sing through "Fifty Nifty United States."

No comments: