Monday, November 24, 2008

Gwen's First Meal

Originally I was going to wait until 6 months to start any real foods with Gwen...but here lately she has seemed so hungry when she wakes up at night. Maybe it's because she's teething (you can feel two teeth on the bottom gums now) but she has been hard to put back to sleep when she wakes at night. Last night she woke up at 1:30 and didn't go back to sleep until 3:30. I decided then and there that it was time to at least try the food and see how she likes it. I tried banana with her this morning. She spat it out every time, but I guess that's to be expected. I LOVE bananas, but Ben doesn't. Who doesn't like bananas? Anyway, she didn't really eat anything then and I didn't press the issue, but I thought it was cute. Ben worked from home today because we had our Christmas pictures made. I wanted him to see her eat for the first time.



This one is later on today. We tried rice cereal with breastmilk in there. I think she liked this better since it is the taste she is accustomed to. She is adorable and Ben is funny. (and adorable too!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a friend of Prestons. He told me about your blog when I asked to see pics of Gwen. I just wanted to give you a website for home made baby food. My son is 9 months old and has been on homemade food for months. Hope you don't mind me butting in. By the way Gwen is Beautiful!
www.wholesomebabyfood.com

Beth

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Ha Ha - Ben is right!

Unknown said...

Thanks Beth!! I've seen pictures of your little guy and he is SOOO cute! You are not butting in.. you are sharing. :) I'll check the website out. Thanks so much!