This was ours. :)Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Christmas Time Is (Almost) Here
Today my friend Sonia came over to help me decorate the Christmas tree. As she's from India, it was the first Christmas tree she's ever decorated. Since she's coming to Thanksgiving with us we decided to make some divinity today to bring along on Thursday. I've never made divinity...but something went wrong. This is what it's supposed to look like.
This was ours. :)
My mom gave me this tree and this will be the first Christmas that Ben and I have had a tree. Before, we just had a little decorative tree in our apartment with lights that stayed on it all year. When it came Christmas time I'd just plug it in. This tree requires effort. I couldn't figure out the complicated strands of lights and how they all hook up, so we got only a few strands actually to light. Something tells me Ben might be looking at the lights on the tree.
Sonia is expecting her first little one. I even "let" her change her first diaper today. (ain't I sweet ya'll?) Can you tell I've been watching that southern cook Paula Dean?
Here we are together. I took this shot with my arm extended.
This was ours. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've never made divinity myself, but I've heard it can be tricky...it doesn't turn out well when it is humid, for one thing. It will be better next time. :) As for Paula, I watched a lot of Food Network when Logan was a baby, too. I knew what came on at all hours of the night.
Laura
I tried to make divinity once, but I decided that Miami is not the place to make it - I think the humidity has to be just right for it to work. The batch I made turned out absolutely inedible.
Post a Comment