
Tomorrow it will be five years that Ben and I have been married. The time has gone by so quickly and here I am typing with two little eyes watching me. It's amazing how life unfolds. How did I know Ben was the one for me? I always liked Ben... from the moment we met. Many of you know that we were friends for about a year before we ever dated. Since then there have been thousands of moments where I have felt so incredibly blessed to have Ben for a husband. How can I describe such an incredible and special person? He is so unique and funny and giving and just so much fun to be with. Here are a few examples of the millions (did I say thousands before?) of times I have praised the Lord that he is my partner for life...
The night a bunch of friends were playing charades and his thing he wrote in for someone to act out was "a jelly doughnut on a ferris wheel." Still crackes me up thinking of it.
praying together or him helping me put my new windshield wipers on or sharing our faith on campus together.
our first date when we went to Bangkok Bangkok and sat on little pillows on the floor.
him asking me to marry him after two months of dating... boy, was I shocked.
Our honeymoon in Rome. Incredible.
living through hurricanes, huge frogs at our door, mosquitoes, and dancing salsa in Miami.
moving via horse trailer to Missouri and then finally to Kansas.
me calling him at work and telling him the pregnancy test was positive and him making me go to the store to buy more and test again.
us seeing our baby Gwen for the first time.
him supporting me staying at home with Gwen.
PS... today Gwen and I took a walk outside and I put on a hat that I had bought her. Um... it's a little too big for her just yet, but I got a good laugh out of how it looks on her. I think it looks like a chef hat or something. See what I'd be missing if I wasn't home with her?
2 comments:
Congratulations! Five years! Where did that go?!?! Gwen sure is a cute, her eyes are so blue!
I just want to say that I wuv you guys!!!
Granny Pam
Post a Comment