Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Funny Snippets

Last night Ben put Gwen in her crib and he came into our room and explained how he coordinated the landing of her in the crib with complicated hand switching and rocking and singing all going on at the same time. I laughed when he said "yeah... it was Edelweiss all the way baby!"

One night I was majorly sleep deprived and acting silly. Ben was propped up in bed reading one of his science fiction books he enjoys. He had told me this book reminded him of Lord of the Rings... so I asked him "is this book about a ring?" He asked me to repeat myself three times before he understood what I said. He thought I said "can we have a bookerbatering?" That doesn't even makes sense, but I found it hilarious. I laughed until I cried.

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

:D Oh Meredith! Why do you have to live so far far away!

Anonymous said...

I can remember in Britain someone told me to bring something to dinner on Thursday.

He said bring ringjacket. I told him that I didn't know what ring jacket was.

He looked really stumped and I told him that he just then told me to bring ringjacket.

Then he said slowly, "Ring Jackie on it!" That means phone his wife.

I think Ben should write about his escapades with Terry Wing. That one still brings tears to my eyes.

Granny P