Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Imagine This
After maybe 5 or 6 hours of sleep last night today I was visited by some Jehovah's Witnesses. I have in the past welcomed people like this into my home and spoken to them and tried to share the gospel with them. This same scenario happened last year about this time, except then it was Mormons. These two ladies had come by before and dropped off some literature and I had scanned it and made notes and Scriptural references to make my case on several topics. One of these ladies has been a Jehovah's Witness for 40 years and on her day off goes and shares door to door every week. Now, that's lots of practice. I first tell them that I'd like to share the hope I have in me with gentleness and respect (1 Peter 3:15) and that I hope they feel that. I laid out that I don't think Jesus is Michael the Archangel and that Jesus and God the Father are one and we even got into what happens when you die and the 144,000!! Two and a half hours later the lady asked me something and I had no idea what she said, but I said "I don't know." My sleep deprived brain just wouldn't function anymore. They say their coming back. Please pray that I defend Truth and know what to do about this. Any advise out there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know that they are eager and willing to come to your home as often as you want to talk. They will come and listen to what you say, then refute it with their version of the 'truth'.......
Be prayerful, and humble, remembering that God is the one who can and will use you to plant a seed and maybe change their hearts.....
Stacey
Post a Comment