Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just Everyday Life

Remember that tropical banana tree? Well... it didn't fare so well in the first frost of the season. Ben has since cut it down and it's supposed to come back in the spring. We'll just have to wait and see.

Gwen is being dedicated at church on Sunday... so Ben and I were talking about the verse that we are praying for her. Our church displays the verse and a picture of her and then there is a prayer for her. This is probably sacrilege, but we were goofing around and Ben said, "how about one of those strange dreams in Daniel... like the seven headed goat opened its mouth and fire came out." After I got through laughing I told him that the seven headed goat is definitely not Biblical. Anyway... here's the scripture we have decided on, and the picture we've decided on. We just need to crop the picture a bit.

Psalm 119: 73-74
"Your hands have made me and fashioned me;
give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.
Those who fear You will be glad when they see me,
Because I have hoped in Your word."

3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Great choice! Gwen looks so happy!

Poor banana tree :(

Beki Lee said...

Her HEAD's NAKED!!! She is SO cute....i'm surprised how photogenic she is....i don't think any of us were ever that way!

Bleachy said...

Hi Guys,

What a great Bible verse for a dedication. Praying as her parents you'll delight in bringing her up in the fear and instruction of the LORD (Prov 1:7).

Have a great day,

Andy