Friday, October 03, 2008

Newfs of Hazard

Last night Ben and I went on a date night and we shared some dal (lentils) at an Indian place. My favorite! Afterward, I wanted to go to the Lazyboy furniture place next door but Ben wanted to go to a nursery (for plants) that he had seen. We ended up going to the nursery and when we got there it was 5 minutes until it closed so I just sat in the car. Ben had a specific plant in mind... a Chinese primrose or something or other. I was just sitting there and staring out the window and a car pulled up beside me. In the car was a man and the largest dog's head I'd ever seen in my entire life. I wasn't trying to be rude, but I was staring. The guy got out of the car and I said (my window was down) "hi, sorry to stare, but that is the biggest dog I've ever seen." He kind of chuckled and went inside. He came back out and looked over at me and said "well, do you want to pet him?" I said "SURE!" So when Ben came out of the nursery with his $6 plant (he was very happy) I was standing with a stranger petting his dog. It turns out that this dog is a Newfoundland male. He told me to go to a website called Newfs of Hazard and I can see baby pictures of him. I couldn't resist that! I let my brother borrow my camera for his trip to Alabama, so I don't have pictures of me and the dog. Boy, was I sorry I couldn't get a photo.

baby Newfoundlands


a grown male Newfoundland. I asked Ben what he thought and he said "you'd need a snow shovel for a pooper scooper."


No comments: