Thursday, October 23, 2008

One More

The other night I asked Ben one of those questions that men "just love" to answer. I asked him what his greatest fear was and with no hesitation he replied, "falling off a cliff onto a bed of spikes, naked, while on fire."

3 comments:

Bethy's Blog said...

whatever...his body would go into shock from the fire and he wouldn't even feel the spikes...unless the rush of air from falling off of the cliff puts out the fire...

That reminds me of the story of the guy who tried to commit suicide. He wanted to be very thorough and not have a chance of surviving the attempt so he drank poison, lit himself on fire and jumped off of a cliff. Well, he landed in a lake which put out the fire and the impact forced him to "eject" the poison. So he lived...and won some kind of "stupid person" award. I think someone made that story up...

Stephanie said...

Meredith,

You and Ben really aren't getting enough sleep! I feel like I could join you this week. So far, we have not slept through the night...Chloe gets up in the middle of the night for one reason or another. She went back to school today and if she doesn't sleep through the night, I am going to scream :-)

Addie said...

HA!!! Reminds me of the time I asked my Ben what he was thinking while we were out driving. He chuckled and said "I was just wondering if I could spit far enough to hit that curb." And they say we're hard to figure out!