Sunday, June 12, 2011

Omaha Trip

Ben and I got away to Omaha, Nebraska without kids this weekend.  We had such a great time!  Omaha is a very family oriented city and not too big.  One thing I noticed is that almost everyone in Omaha has tattoos.  We stayed in the Old Market area downtown so we didn't drive the whole weekend.  It was lovely.

Here we are after renting a couple of bikes.  We had a nice bike ride over the pedestrian bridge that crosses the Missouri river.


Ben and his crepes one morning for breakfast.  He could not eat all of this, but they were delicious.


We went to the farmer's market to look around.


One Asian lady was selling these flowers.  I loved them and asked her what they were.  She said "love in the mist."  Interesting.



Omaha has street trash cans that have recycling on one side and trash on the other... love it!


We went to the zoo while we were there.  Here are a few of my favorite shots.


I learned a group of jellyfish are called a "smack".  How are these even animals?  They are gorgeous!


A stonefish blending in.


a blue hummingbird.


Us in the rainforest under a waterfall.


One of my absolute favs... silverback (adult male) gorillas. 


Old Market passageway.  We ate dinner here after the zoo.  Lovely.



slides in a park.


We went to a diner one morning for breakfast.  It was run by an Asian family.


It had a working jukebox and Ben chose "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" and I chose "I Fall To Pieces" by Patsy Cline.


2 comments:

Sue GO Morris said...

Glad you had fun! Omaha is certainly more interesting than I would have thought. Love your pictures. I am a little jealous......you know my middle name.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Looks like a fun time! I've never given Omaha a 2nd thought, but I will now :)