We have a book with this fold tale in it. I love it and reminds me it is wise to be friends with everyone.
One day Lion closed his eyes. He wanted to fall asleep. Then, Mouse came by. Lion heard Mouse and woke up. Lion glared at Mouse. Then he grabbed him. Mouse began to shake. He didn't want to fall. "Great Lion, let me go!" said Mouse.
"Why should I let you go?" asked Lion. Mouse said, "I am a little mouse. But I can be a good friend to you." "How could a little mouse be my friend?" asked Lion. "You will see," said Mouse. "Ha! Ha! Ha!" said Lion. "You can go. You made me happy today."
Many days passed. Then one day Mouse heard a great and scary roar. "Is that my friend?" asked Mouse. "Did something happen to Lion?" Mouse ran in haste. Before long, Mouse saw what had happened. Lion was in a big net. "I will help you," Mouse told Lion. "How can you help?" asked Lion. "You are so little." "I can help," said Mouse. "Don't move," he told Lion. Mouse began to nibble at the net. He made a little hole. Before long, the hold got bigger and bigger. Soon Lion was free.
Lion was so happy. "Hop on my back," he told Mouse. "We will ride together." That day, Lion and Mouse became friends. They are still good friends today.
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment