Thursday, May 13, 2010

Zeke and The Day

Today was a pretty eventful day.  Ben's dad is visiting and we've had lots of funny moments like when we went to the dollar store and got this huge balloon in the shape of a motorcycle for a little boy's party on Saturday we've been invited to.  I was at Hobby Lobby with Ben and Zeke and Paw Paw and Gwen in the car.  Paw Paw went into the back to get a stuffed sheep we had bought and out came the motorcycle filled with helium.  I didn't see it, but I sure laughed at the thought of Paw Paw running across the parking lot chasing after the floating motorcycle!

One of our neighbors is having a birthday party for their six year old son tonight.  This is the pirate ship they set up for their little boy.  I am constantly amazed at the parents in Johnson County.  We are the type that we'd turn on a sprinkler and say "go and play" for their birthday. :)


Today Ben and Ray went to watch a movie and I was home with the kids for dinner time.  I got Gwen some food and then I went to feed Zeke in the living room.  Mistake number 1- leaving Gwen alone eating pasta in the kitchen.  Mistake number 2- leaving a full glass of water on the table with Gwen in the kitchen alone.  I didn't realize these mistakes until I was well into feeding Zeke and I heard Gwen "talking" into the cup of water.  Then I heard water sloshing and I just sighed and thought... well... what can I do about it now?  So I finished with Zeke and then went into the kitchen to see the damage.  She turned over the water and had pasta in her hair and face and all over her jacket that she happened to be wearing.  (yes, I know.. mistake number 3- me not putting a bib on her and letting her eat in a jacket)  She was happy though and standing there watching the birds take baths in the rain water.






Zeke is now 4 months and had his doctor's appointment today.  He weighed in at 15 lbs, 10 oz which is in the 63rd percentile and was 25 inches long which is the 51st percentile.  He's a big and healthy boy and I'm so grateful to God.  He is quiet and gentle and beautiful.  I have a song for him about being my little guy.  I made up a song for Gwen too and her's was about her having a pretty face.



GORGEOUS



Today at the doctor's office I was looking through their stickers in order to choose one to take home for Gwen.  I chose two of their more unusual choices that made me chuckle.  Here's a toaster on wheels with a reflection of the dessert in the toaster which I LOVED. :)



Here's an orangutan sticker with the actual word "orangutan" at the top.   

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Meredith - Zeke really is growing! I saw a patient today and her great grandkids were at her house - a almost two year old and a five month old.....reminded me of someone I know :-)

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

He is such a cutie! Four months! Where did that go? Oh and I am the worst when it comes to putting bibs on my kids. I just let the food fall where if may and if they are wearing something I don't want them to mess up, I take it off of them and they eat shirtless! Our only strict rule about dining attire is no one eats naked...and I actually let Annalise break that one recently because I was too worn out to go get her more clothes!

Anonymous said...

That second picture of Zeke looks like Preston, Ithink.

Granny P