Made these yesterday to give to a neighbor. I kept some too and loved them.
2 sticks butter, melted (I know that's a lot, but it makes a LOT of dough)
3/4 C honey (I didn't have that much honey.. so use sucanat)
2 eggs
1 t salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
1/2 C buttermilk
2 C whole wheat flour
2 C whole rolled oats
1 C raisins or choc. chips (I used raisins)
Mix everything 350 for 15-20 min.
*You can soak these grains so they digest better (I didn't). Melt and cool butter, stir together flour, oats, butter and buttermilk. Add a bit more buttermilk than the 1/2 C so all grains are moistened. Cover and let soak overnight. Stir in remaining ingredients in the morning and bake as directed.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment