I tried this while my parents were here. We all enjoyed it very much. There are some spices you may not normally keep in your pantry...but I find that these are great spices to have on hand, especially if you like Indian flavors like I do. Then the next night, I used the leftovers on a pizza.
Indian-Style Grilled Chicken
1/2 tsp black pepper (I always use more because I LOVE pepper)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garam masala
1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro (I used dried, and of course, less)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C hot sauce (I used salsa because that's all I had)
3/4 plain yogurt (I used sour cream)
1/4 C heavy cream (I used whole milk)
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 T soy sauce
cooking spray
8 bone-in thighs (I used boneless skinless thighs)
1. Combine all ingredients (except cooking spray and chicken) in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Add chicken, turning to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours. (I did the 24 hours)
2. Prepare grill and spray grate with cooking spray.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and place on a platter. Discard marinade. Grill chicken skin down 6 to 8 minutes; turn and grill second side 6 to 8 minutes. Serves 8.
I'm obsessed with foxes now. I went to the library last night and got every book on the shelf I saw about foxes. Here's some of what I'm learning:
* An adult female fox is called a vixen; the adult male is called a dog.
* The red fox is one of the most wide-spread mammals on Earth. It lives in North America, Europe, Asia, northern Africa and Australia. This adaptable fox lives in deserts, forests, mountains, and arctic tundra.
* A male fox establishes a territory by marking the borders with urine and feces. He protects his territory. A female fox is attracted to the scent of the urine and that's how they find each other to mate.
* By 6 months the baby foxes (which have a variety of names.. pups, whelps, kits...) are able to hunt on their own. The female fox babies sometimes stay and help with another set of pups, but the males all go off and look for their own territory.
* Foxes do not mate with just one female it looks like. They may choose a different one year to year.
* Foxes are designed to see things we can't and smell and hear things we can't. They are remarkable. You should hear their screeches. Yikes!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment