Today we made cotton clay (out of the concoction book again). We have to wait for it to dry overnight to use it, but we had fun making it! We used 3 C cotton balls, separated them into little bits, and then put 2 C water and 2/3 C flour together and put it on low heat until firmed up some. We'll see how it does. Gwen chose to make it the color yellow. Here she is helping with the separating and the pouring of the water. Oh, and attempting to smile. I think it's so funny how she smiles that I had to include both pictures.
Here's Zeke looking on. I think he's teething now.
Gwen is a lot of fun. She likes putting tupperware on her head. There are so many moments as a stay at home mom that I wouldn't trade for any other experience. Like today when Gwen and I were goofing around on the couch and I whispered in her ear some ABCs and told her to now whisper in my ear. You know what she chose to whisper in my ear? "motorcycle" is what she chose. :) It made me laugh. There are many moments like that throughout our day that I can't hardly describe to someone else. Or when I'm feeding Zeke and he looks up at me and smiles and talks. I'm so thankful I get these moments. I never really understood how Mary "stored these things up in her heart" (that's a loose paraphrase) but now I do. I hope I remember all of the sweet whispers and "I love yous" and messes and crazy times too. It all comes together to make such a sweet concoction. :)
8 comments:
that's the good thing about having this blog to look back on someday. Just next year, this will all be a blur and you will want to remember those day to day funny things that brought you such joy....they grow so fast.
stacey
I love her pig tails!...or are they pony tails?
Granny P
I know exactly what you mean. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything!!
I personally like the bows :-) Makes her look like a little girl :-) What exactly is that cotton ball mess supposed to be when you get done with it?
you shall see Stephanie
Well said Meredith!
And I'm impressed she has enough hair for two pig tails! Annalise still has just enough for one tiny one :)
Okay - I am still wondering what you do with cooked dyed cotton balls when they dry. These are definately "concoctions".
sorry.. it's taking a long time to dry. I think I might have done it wrong. You are supposed to be able to make sculptures out of it.. like snowy looking sculptures. We'll see this afternoon.
Post a Comment