We harvested our first round of strawberries yesterday. I think I've finally blocked out the little baby bunny that was getting in and stealing all the ripe strawberries! This is Gwen "smiling". :)
Today I made these for Sunday lunch. If you even remotely like broccoli you HAVE to try these. They are THE BOMB! I told Ben I'm going to make them every day. :) Here's the recipe:
1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/3 C grated Parmesan cheese
2 T all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp sea salt (I've started using sea salt now)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper (I always add more)
2 T canola oil
1. Steam broccoli. I do mine in the microwave with a little water in the bowl too for 5 min and stir... another 5 min.
2. Stir all ingredients and then stir in steamed broccoli
3. Heat oil and put in little piles of the broccoli mixture. Turn after 3 min and cook on other side 3 minutes. Sprinkle with a little more sea salt at the end and enjoy. They resemble a quiche without the crust. The picture doesn't do them justice.
3 comments:
He is sooooo cute! And your strawberries look fantastic! 10 minutes sounds like a long time to cook broccoli in the microwave. Do you lower the power? I usually cook it for 3-4 minutes on high and it is totally done.
it's a lot of broccoli
cute cute babies!!! My kids love broccoli...I'm making those tommorrow...I'll let you know how they turn out!
Post a Comment