Wednesday, February 11, 2009

On The Home Front

Well, Ben and I are doing this diet called "South Beach Diet." What do we eat you might be asking... or not asking...but anyway, here's an example of a dinner. Tonight we had shrimp sauted in garlic, a little olive oil, minced ginger, and spices. We had a salad with cauliflower and cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. We also had zucchini baked with parmesan cheese on there. Life on the beach ain't half bad.

This is Gwen eating her dinner. She had green beans with avocado. She has become quite the eater. Today alone she ate mango and pears + oatmeal cereal for breakfast, butternut squash + rice cereal and a bit of banana for lunch, and banana and green beans and avocado for dinner. I mean, she's got quite an appetite for a little almost 8 month old!!

On other news, I started "sleep bootcamp" with Gwen last night. I decided that she needed an opportunity to learn how to get herself back to sleep. Last night was not spectacular, but it was a start. I'll spare you all the details, but just know I made sure she was fine and she is much loved and with this "bootcamp" there are no pushups she must perform.

6 comments:

John said...

I hear ya with the boot camp! Sometimes it is difficult to just decide to stick with the tough things in child training. You know that it will only be a blessing to have a baby who loves to go to bed. But getting there is the hard part when you already have established habits.....just smile, be patient, and keep it up for at least a week....you won't regret it later on!

John said...

That was Stacey, not John. ug

Lisa said...

that looks yummy!!

Unknown said...

thanks for the encouragement Stacey... I'm learnin' a lot, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good momma. Just look at how Gwen is smiling. You can't be all bad with the bootcamp or she wouldn't be smiling like that!

:?)
Granny Pam

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.