I just finished reading Tass Saada's book "Once An Arafat Man." Ben got it for me for Christmas. It is a true story account about a former PLO sniper and how he came to know Christ. Here are some things I'll take away from reading this book:1. The Lord used both a friend of his and a vision to bring him to repentance. I thought immediately of my Egyptian neighbors just next door. How am I showing love to them? I have heard of other Muslims coming to know the Lord through dreams and visions. I hadn't ever heard this verse: Isaiah 65:1 "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' Isn't it amazing how God is so merciful even when we don't ask?
2. I had heard Tass' testimony once before, but I had no idea just how tough this guy was. I mean, shooting your math teacher... aye carumba! (his teacher lived by the way)
3. I also was impressed at how brave he was when facing his family after his conversion. Honor killing is just so foreign to my mind of course being an American. I can't even imagine how painful all that was.
4. I also was amazed at his trip in the van all over. He just got into a van and started talking to people in masques and temples and churches. It challenged me to think if I'd be willing to go out like that with no plan. Am I really listening to God on a daily basis?
5. I was also blessed to read about his ministry to people in the Gaza strip now. He is working ultimately for people from all sides to know the love of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment