Update: This meal plan I posted will have to wait. Ben and I have decided to go onto the South Beach diet for a while and see what happens. Ben's brother John had huge success with it. We jokingly call what we've been eating the "North Beach Diet".
chicken cacciatore
beef stew with white wine and mustard
sweet and savory pork stew with fruit
pork stew with cider, carrots, and lima beans
spinach and feta bread pudding, deviled eggs
chicken with rosemary dumplings
Can you tell I got a library book about stews?
*Swedish Rye Bread- this time making it with the orange peel and juice
*Baby food- mangos
Review from last week:
Black Beans- they turned out pretty good. I added a little turkey bacon in there for flavor and I think that was nice. It takes a long time to cook beans from dried.
Indian chicken and rice casserole- was very good. It was a little labor intensive as all Indian dishes are...but worth it. I love the basmati rice.
Veggie enchiladas- I think I could be a vegetarian on these. These were great and I just used some of my black beans I had made earlier in the week.
pizza and quiche- still haven't made, but will
Turkey chili- not on the plan from last week, but I made it.
Baby food- instead of peas I made green beans cause they were on sale at the market. She hasn't tried them yet, but I think they are much better than the jar kind you can buy.
Swedish Rye Bread- turned out very nice I think. I learned to get good slices (thin) you need to let the loaf completely cool.
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment