Happy President's Day. Ben was off today so after a leisurely morning we headed out to the library. We thought we'd try a new one (cause we're just crazy like that), so we went to the largest one in our county. Walking in it is like the starship enterprise or something. I asked a lady about where a section was and she took me on a tour of the library. While we were there Ben saw some dude looking at "inappropriate" stuff and he confronted him. The guy basically just made excuses. The librarian said that unless he is breaking a law or being disruptive that they can't do anything! I was proud that Ben said something anyway. I told him he is now a part of the porn Nazis. I came up with that when I was studying for my masters degree in Miami. I was living in a dorm that had both boys and girls on the same floor. Everyday I would walk down this same hall and this guy had a poster of Pamela Anderson on his door scantily clad. I got so sick of seeing that thing that one day one of my roommates and I decided to go all vigilante. We took the poster down and brought it back to our room and took markers and painted a high collared dress on Pamela and made her hair all orange and put some studious little glasses on her. We wrote a note on there that said "no porn for you. Love- the porn Nazis." Then we put it back on his door. I think I cried I was laughing that hard.

I know you guys (whoever you are!) are probably sick of hearing about what food I'm making...but I find it interesting, so why not share! Tonight I finally made the chickpea burgers. Let's just say it wasn't McDonalds. They tasted like dry hummus really. It wasn't bad per se, just not worthy of the name burger. I ate one of them and I looked over at Ben and said "well... they're filling.. maybe a good breakfast food." He looked at me and said "yeah, in a desert where you have only been eating scorpion legs." I'll spare you the recipe, but here's what I put in them in case you are wondering. chickpeas, red kidney beans, onion, sunflower seeds, garlic, one egg and many spices including green chilis.
Here they are before cooking.

Here they are after cooking. I know they look like no bake cookies gone way bad. :)

Here is what was on the menu tonight: salad, steamed asparagus, steamed broccoli, and the chickpea things.

We finished off our meal with dessert. This is accepted in the first phase of south beach. It's called vanilla ricotta creme. I liked it.
1/2 C part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet of splenda
Mix and enjoy! We put a little toasted almonds on there too for good measure.
4 comments:
mmmm, good thing your recipe made SO MANY chickpea burgers! ha!
I worry about you all eating all that cauliflower on your salads. Aren't you finished with the cauliflower yet?
I guess I never liked cauliflower much!
Granny Pam
check out mystery man band with accordian on utube. It's a hoot!
Pam
Post a Comment