Monday, October 10, 2011

Applesauce Making and Meal Plan

My friend's mom brought a bushel of apples yesterday and we went straight to work.  We had such a good time peeling apples and the kids helped crank the peelers.  I put red hots in some of the applesauce (yes, I know where red dye comes from and don't say it) and then kept some of it natural for me.  I'm not quite sure how many quarts I got, but it is all resting in my freezer for a later date.  :)


Here is my meal plan for the week:

split pea soup with ham
lasagna, salad
cheesy beef bake, broccoli
black beans, rice
tacos
curry chicken pot pie
BBQ chicken sandwiches, carrot sticks

*Made a pumpkin pie yesterday and thankfully I had enough people here to knock it out in one day... so I got one very satisfying piece.  Pumpkin pie might be one of my top five desserts of all time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have no idea where red hot dye comes from....and I am curious. Did you know Hot Tamales candy is a vegan choice? The things I learn in life group :-)

Meredith said...

red dye comes from the abdomen of a beetle that has been crushed. Now, aren't you glad I told you????