Saturday, October 08, 2011

Vanilla Extract Bottling

We bottled an entire gallon of vanilla extract today.  I have another 1/2 gallon for my own personal use and giving to friends.  What I bottled up today I will sell next weekend.  This is how I bottle it.  I put nice paper towels (one of the few times I buy a roll) down in a strainer and have a large pan sitting in the sink to catch the extract.  I strain it through the paper towels to take out all the little specks of vanilla bean.


Here's what a gallon of vanilla extract looks like. :)


I have 8 oz bottles too, but I decided that these 4 oz bottles would sell better so I just did 4 oz bottles this time. 


Here is my vanilla extract helper.  She has helped me through the whole process.  I hope one day she does this with her son or daughter.  She insisted that I take a picture of her holding one bottle and then two bottles.  Love her!



Gwen spread out the vanilla beans to dry.  They will be turned into vanilla sugar which I make cookies out of and put in coffee and Amish bread starter.


A gallon filled up 24 bottles.  I think I will sell out, but that's ok.  If I don't I can give it as gifts.  I really like my labels this time. 

No comments: