Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thought Provoking

Here is a quote from an article I read last night in a magazine. I thought it put into words really well what I feel. Let me know what you think.

"Growing up isn't about reaching some final destination, but about negotiating all the twists and turns in the road, pausing here and there to listen to the soul's quiet direction, and learning to trust the signposts that point the way to our own deeper callings."

"As I sit at my desk in this silent house, in a small town just a few miles from where I was raised, I marvel at just how long it's taken, both in years and experiences, for me to come full circle and to reclaim the voice that has been mine all along. Becoming a mother, raising two sons, living to a slower, simpler rhythm in the country, I finally found both my calling and my subject: the grace and beauty of ordinary, everyday life. The lessons, of course, have been revealed not by arriving here at last, but from the journey itself, a journey that has led me from ambition to meaning, from the fast track to a one-lane rural road, from a desire to succeed to the realization that true success doesn't have much at all to do with accomplishment and almost everything to do with creating a life that feels like a fit with who I really am."

No comments: