Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bugs, Books and Buy My Stuff

This is a preying mantas we found the other day.  
The kids and I got a big kick out of it so I thought you might too. 


Today I tried to sell my soap, dishwashing detergent, vanilla extract, silhouettes and trail mix.  I sold one bar of soap, no dishwashing detergent, 5 bottles of vanilla, no silhouettes and about 3 bags of trail mix.  I was a little disappointed, but Christmas is coming and I will just have hostess and regular gifts on hand to give away.  This is me at my table.



This is my brand new friend, Piper.  She is a really amazing person and has a blog of her own.  Check it out here.  I met her at a church leadership training and we exchanged blog addresses and when I got home and looked at her blog I thought we were destined to be friends.
 

I was looking at some children's books someone was consigning and I came across a book about Rosa Parks and I thumbed through it.  I thought this picture of the KKK was scarey and so I walked around as a joke and kept asking people if they were ready for their "Alabamian bedtime story."


All in all, it was a good day and someone gave me two fondue sets.  So now it is my mission to have a fondue party and bring all of our fondue sets out of the basement and have some fun.  I'll let all you adoring fans (hi mom and Stephanie) know how that ends up.  Do you have a fondue set?  Ever have a fondue party? 

5 comments:

Beki Lee said...

Cute outfit Meredith!!!! Bummer that you didn't sell as much stuff as you wanted, but i'm excited about Christmas time now! HA!

Stephanie said...

Wonder what the family will be receiving at Christmas time???? I claim some vanilla. That stuff is great :-)

Meredith said...

I'll bring you some next week Steph.

John said...

Fondue??? Yes! Willy and Cheryl had several of us 'couples' over for a fondue party. Great idea for singles : )
Rule is that you sit boy/girl and as you dip your food, if your food falls off your skewer into the pot, you must kiss the person on your right on the cheek. That was mine and John's first kiss- I lost some chicken in the pot, or maybe someone knocked it off on purpose....hmm. glad I was sitting by him and not Matt or Dave or Adam or ?????
stace (still part of your fan club)

Barry Wiginton said...

You tell a great story, Meredith. Don't think that Sue and Stephanie are your only fans :)