Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Patience
Well... I'm still waiting on little Barreth to make its appearance. For the most part I am doing fine with the waiting, but this morning I had "a moment." I woke up and realized I'm still pregnant and just laid there (at about 5:20am) thinking I am ready to see this little face and to love this little person. That thought got me going into a little crying session. (so much for no self pity huh?) Ben has been really great (as always) and reminded me that it won't be long and that God is giving me an opportunity to be patient here. As my previous boss Sister Cooke used to say "in light of eternity...". She always used to say that and then add on something. So I guess my thing could be "in light of eternity... this small blip in time will seem like it passed by very quickly."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh Meredith! I'm sure you are holding up so well! Sometimes I felt sooooo PMSy in the days before Annalise was born! Find a short project or do something (that doesn't involve too much standing) that you won't be able to do once baby is here, it will help take your mind off the wait :)
It kind of reminds me of my great Aunt Net. She and Uncle Horace were engaged during the great depression and where he worked they weren't able to pay him in money, so they gave him some kind of voucher or IOU that he could redeem for cash once it became available. They didn't know when that would be, but they had to wait until then to get married. One day out the the blue, they got the money and got married immediately. So it's kind of the same thing...only her ankles didn't swell and she could probably sleep on her stomach.
Yup, the 9 days that I waited for Caleb to come past his due date seemed like eternity then.....but now I just smile and say that he came exactly when he was supposed to! Whoever mean puppies is (what does that name mean?) is right when she says that a project will help pass the time.
Started a scrapbook yet?
Stacey
Just checking in!
Lisa
Mere,
I have been tearing up lately also....just the thought of that little face with the precious smile gets me going. I am so proud of you!!!! (YOu Meredith, not the baby. well I'm proud of the baby too, I guess.)
You know what I mean!
Momma B
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I really appreciate it. "Mean puppies" is my friend Leah and I think it's just a funny name that's memorable. I'm not sure it has deep significance. Is that right Leah? I haven't started a scrapbook. You'd think I'd be into that stuff...but I refuse to buy that scrapbooking stuff when just writing it all down is free. I kind of use my blog as my scrapbook. By the way Leah, Net and Horace... you don't hear those names everyday.
Well Mean Puppies is sort of inspired by Mako (our dog) because when he was a puppy he was kind of mean and I always thought it would be fun to have a bakery or coffee shop called Mean Puppies.
I'm so glad Leah told us about that name....I've been wondering what it meant too.
Lisa
Post a Comment