Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thoughts From A New Mother

Well, time keeps marching on it seems in super speed. Here i am typing with one hand. What keeps me motivated you ask? I feel like I have to type some of this out for fear of forgetting. What a precious struggle new mothers have from my perspective. I personally have never had so many phone conversations about my breasts before. The breastfeeding struggles have me crying about every night only to wake up and we have a breakthrough of sorts. I'm discovering things can change dramatically in the course of one day with Gwen. I watch Ben with her at night enjoying and cooing over her and it reminds me to not spend all of my energies with concern on my brow. I suppose all new moms feel this way. Here are some questions I've had lately for the Lord.

1. Did Jesus have latch issues and why didn't anyone talk about that in the Bible? That would really be handy for me right now.

2. My main prayer for Gwen is for patience and persistence. I keep saying those words as we try to get the feeding thing down over and over.

3. In light of eternity what really matters? I have so much to be thankful for. I have a beautiful, healthy little girl and I am feeling great. I am really loving rolling over in bed and lying on my back again.

Well... I guess that's all for now. By the way, I eventually will blog about something different besides Gwen and my breasts (sorry guys)... it just may be cloth diapers next. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Please blog about her all you want, I love reading it. She is a cutie... and I love the outfit!

Lisa

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I have wondered the same thing about Jesus! Actually I've wondered about a lot of childcare issues that are not mentioned in the Bible.