Baby Barreth hasn't made its appearance yet, but my mom and my brother are on their way up here as I type. Yeah! My brother is moving in with us for a while. He is going to try to find a job up here in Kansas City. I told him if he wasn't careful he might turn into my "manny". (like a nanny... except a man) My mom was going to wait until I went into labor to come, but she has been antsy lately and just decided to come anyway. I'm glad for that because it will be nice having someone around and she can witness the birth. I've made some jello with fruit for their arrival. (festive huh?)
A salesman came by yesterday trying to sell us windows. We do need to replace some of them, but the prices quoted were really high. I answered the door to him yesterday and I said, "hi, are you from the window company?" and he said "yes, are you Meredith Barreth?" to which I replied "yes" and he said "my name is Jay Ray." We had a good laugh over that. After I told him my due date was Monday he proceeded to tell me that I by no means looked nine months pregnant... more like 6 months. I asked him if that was part of his sales pitch because it was working. :)
I also went to my aerobics class for pregnant people last night. All the girls couldn't believe I was still there and able to get into tennis shoes. They poked fun at the end and said they hoped I didn't come next week and that if I did they would personally drive me to the hospital. They asked me what my doctor would do tomorrow at my appointment and I said "she'll probably say, see ya next week!" They thought that was really funny. It's like I've become an instant celebrity or something in that group. All the other girls are saying their due dates are in September, December, ect... and I bust out with my due date being Monday and it's pretty neat. As you can tell, I'm hating the attention. ha!
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ha ha! Well eat up the attention while you can, once baby's here the spotlight will shift abruptly!
Dad is already missing mom! I hope you have that baby soon. I know you are ready now that mom is there. She is very excited. The kids were very upset to learn they weren't going. They don't really get that Grandma is going to be gone so long.....I told you they didn't share well!! :-) Love you.
I'm ready to here all about this baby....I know you are excited!! I'll keep checking in.
Post a Comment