Saturday some of Ben's relatives came over just to visit and have some iced tea with us and they brought me these flowers from their yard. How beautiful! There's nothing like the smell of a real rose. (not those florist kind I mean) By the way, that bright pink one with the peach in the middle is a peony! Is that beautiful or what?
Monday, June 02, 2008
For Pete's Sake
My friend Leah said, "for Pete's sake post a blog if you're not in labor." Well... here it is. :) I'm still here praying and walking around the house asking God to make me patient and asking little baby to move every so often so I don't start worrying. I mean, the thought of that baby in there all squished just about makes my nerves come unglued. So here are some snippets from our weekend to keep us all entertained.
Saturday some of Ben's relatives came over just to visit and have some iced tea with us and they brought me these flowers from their yard. How beautiful! There's nothing like the smell of a real rose. (not those florist kind I mean) By the way, that bright pink one with the peach in the middle is a peony! Is that beautiful or what?
This was our living room when we first moved in. Let me just say painting is not for the faint of heart.
This is the living room (not completely finished) now minus the popcorn ceilings and plus painted walls. Ben was disappointed in how it turned out with the brown in the panels so he's decided he will try something else. He said it was too "70's revival." Unfortunately, I am not very good at decorating and I am much more of an audible person than visual... so I'm not any help. :)
This is the office/dining room area before we painted. P.S. I did not put that wreath up there.. it was left by the previous owners. :)
This is the seating area in the office now. We use this for our private consultations. (kidding)
This is the newly painted office area. We are going to move that mirror to a different place I think. We haven't decided what to put on the walls either, but we got a new light.
This morning I spotted a chipmunk under the bird feeders in our back yard. It's pretty cute so I thought I'd take a picture.
On other news, on Friday I got my hair cut to something that will be easier to maintain when the baby comes. That's right, little by little my hair is going to be molded into a mom helmet I think. I told my mom that probably by the time the baby comes I will have gotten a buzz cut. ha! You all will see pictures soon enough on that. While the lady was cutting my hair I looked up and saw her certificates and her name on there was Emily Loving. I asked her if that was her name and I told her I thought it was a really pretty name. (can you tell I'm sensitive to names at the moment?) She said she's only had that last name for a year and she said that before her husband she dated a guy with the last name of Schmuck. She could have been Emily Schmuck... well, that got me into my name rhyming and stuff. Ben and I are still tossing around names. Last night he asked me "what do you think of Charlton, or Grant." My brain can't handle any more name suggestions so I'll just have to meet this little baby to be able to name it.
Saturday some of Ben's relatives came over just to visit and have some iced tea with us and they brought me these flowers from their yard. How beautiful! There's nothing like the smell of a real rose. (not those florist kind I mean) By the way, that bright pink one with the peach in the middle is a peony! Is that beautiful or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thanks Meredith! We're impatient down here too! :) I've started braiding my hair most of the time to keep Annalise from pulling it out! Just FYI, about 3 months after the baby is born, you will have a lot of hair fall out. I'm not sure if it lasts the same amount of time for everyone, but I kept losing lots of it for about 3 months. Hormones are funny things.
I loved the pictures. I remember how impatient I was with Abby, I just knew I would go early.....She came 3 days late. But she was soooo worth the wait!
I was wondering the same thing, if you were in labor or not... I check your blog like a 100 times a day now :-) Those last few days before that baby comes will seem so long... Hang in there! and try to rest up well (it's an oxymoron-being 9 months pregnant and resting well, right?)
Thanks, for the pics, though. A chipmunk and that blue chair looked so familiar :-) Sigh!
Ok, I admit that I am getting impatient with you too! When I see that you haven't written, it makes me think that you've snuck off to have the baby and you haven't told all of us!
So, what is your plan? Blog while you are in labor? Blog in your recovery room? Have Ben update us when the baby comes?????????
We are so excited for you and with you.
Stacey
ha! No one is sneaking off to have a baby. I will probably wait until after it is born to update everyone cause no one wants to keep reading "it's not here yet" over and over. :) I took a long walk this morning with my mother-in-law and tonight I go to my aerobics class for pregnant ladies. This little baby better get the hint and come out! I appreciate everyone being impatient with me... it kind of makes it more fun for me.
I don't mind reading a "not yet" blog! :) You should definitely do an update blog after your dr. visit tomorrow...if baby B waits that long!
Post a Comment