Thursday, June 19, 2008

Home At Last

Today we came home from the hospital. It's really nice to be home I must say. So many things have happened that the days are blurring together already. I have wept tears of relief and joy after hours trying to get Gwen to latch on and nurse, I have wept tears of frustration as well. Mostly I have just enjoyed looking at her and we both have come a long way. I have countless stories of God's faithfulness to me to share...but basically, the Lord brought so many Christian, kind-hearted people to help me when I felt discouraged. Gwen and I are working on her tongue issues that prevent her from nursing well. Today I have witnessed miracle after miracle as she is latching on (with the help of a nipple shield) and bringing her tongue down and forward. I think she will have an easier time of it once my milk comes in. (sorry guys for all of this info that you probably didn't need to know) :) She is precious and lovely and overwhelmingly wonderful. Here are some pictures from the day.

Uncle Preston and Gwen.

Ben and I in front of our house with Gwen in the carseat.


Gwen all pink and rosy in her carseat. I see some Barreth in her face don't you Beki?


Grandma Morris just moments after birth. I love this photo.


Grandma Barreth and Gwen moments after birth. I love this one too. :)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am glad that she is eating better. I know that you two will work it out. Chloe and Clay are both in love with her already. They love to look at the pictures. She is so tiny!

Jake Barreth said...

Ha ha! Look at those pictures... I wonder which Grandmother she prefers?


Sorry Mom I'm sure it was just bad timing on the part of the camera man.

Beki Lee said...

LOL- Jake's comment is hilarious!
I'm glad you posted more pictures. She is a cutie!!

I can't wait to see her!

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Meredith she is so beautiful and pink! Sorry to hear about the struggles with nursing - she'll catch on :)

Gilanea said...

Congrats to all the Barreth's. We're so happy for you. She is such a cutie!! Hope you have a wonderful time getting to know your little girl. We'll see you in a few weeks and I have a little knit cap for you. Be blessed. Gina & Steve

Olya said...

You'll be a pro at that nursing thing in just a few weeks! By the way, your new haircut looks really cute!