Wednesday, June 18, 2008
From Meredith with Love
Hi everyone... it's me Meredith. My brother put that last blog post together and chose the pictures himself. I have to say, some of those pictures look a little goofy. She really is beautiful everyone. The stork definitely didn't deliver her either... it was the Lord. I'm so thankful I didn't have to have surgery and we are now tackling the challenge of breastfeeding. The slightest peep from her wakes me up, so as you can imagine, not much sleep going on. I sent Ben to his mom's house to get some sleep today and to just relax. He has been so wonderful and supportive to me. There have been moments here at the hospital that have been just hillarious to me. (some of that is probably sleep deprovation induced hillarity) For example, I've had two pediatricians come by, my OB come by, and about 100 other people that are from the hospital come in to poke, prod, take off my clothes and Gwen's clothes. They all say the same thing... "you look exhausted, you need to do three things today... rest, eat, and nurse and that's it." Well... try doing that when that many people are coming to see you all the time! Plus, it takes a long time to nurse Gwen. She hasn't got the whole concept of sucking down to an art yet, and I have got to learn myself how to help her best do that. So... we're both learning. Welcome to real life right? I'm so happy and I am happy also to report I can now bend over without holding my breath. More later.... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I had the same experience at the hospital! Mostly when I had the kidney infection - the doctor would come in at like 4am and say, "Do you have any questions?" and I, being only 1/8 awake, would mumble, "no".
You know - breastfeeding is easy, like riding a bike, which is also hard at first - only you don't usually practice it 8-12 times a day. :)
Thanks for any and all info that you have time to give us. I know you just had a baby and are trying to figure everything out.....she is your little puzzle and you will come to know her very well....soon. She will figure out the nursing thing too....and stop those nurses and ask for help with it if you need it. Once you are home, you may have some more questions. And, hey, you can always sleep when you get home in your own bed! Ha.
Gwen is beautiful. I love her chubby little pink cheeks!
Stace
Meredith, thank you for writing! I was overjoyed when I actually saw your post... almost jumped out of my chair! Adam told me, "You know Meredith will not be posting right after she had a baby. It's crazy!" Well, I am glad you did. You are such a great Mom already! Wish I could give you a huge hug right now. With lots of love, Olya
Mere- two things:
1) she totally looks like you, other than the barreth forehead.
2) she is so cute- even if i do say so myself- i have to concur w/ stacey that the cheeks are the bomb
3) I think i'm going to call her by her middle name! HA! OK maybe that's 3 things....oh when you get a chance get your brother to post more pictures!!! love you
Bex
I have to agree with Beki. She looks like you,Meredith, especially her nose and lips. SO cute! OK, I really am going to stop writing comments. I am just so excited for you and Ben!
Having a handsome father and a gorgeous mother, Gwen is carrying on the tradition of sheer beauty. Congratulations to you two parents in this milestone achievement.(It's an 18-year contract, not counting college.)
Meredith, I know that you're paying very close attention to your daughter...even now she is beginning to show personality traits. (My oldest daughter was a bit slow, too, at picking up the breastfeeding thing. For her, it was a matter of food not being that big a deal. The second daughter nursed like the famine was coming tomorrow.)
While you have people around you, waiting on you, take full advantage of it because once you get home and the daily routine begins, your hours of customer service will be long. There will be days when Ben comes home from work and asks, "Well, honey, how did your day go?"
And you will tell him, "I fed her. I changed her. I fed her. I gave her a bath. I fed her. I changed her. That's about it." And that's a good thing.
Sing to her (as only you can, Meredith). Those melodies will linger in her mind long after she has forgotten her infancy.
Gwen is one fortunate cherub, to have you and Ben as parents. Take it one day at a time, and when people offer more advice than you want to process, just smile and say, "Thanks. That's very interesting."
Love to all of you.
Pat Fulton
Post a Comment