Friday, June 06, 2008

Baby Barreth Update

Today I went to the doctor and she said I have made no additional progress as far as dilation from last week. I asked her how long she'd let me go and she said about a week from my due date. If I do not go into labor on my own I will be induced on June 17th at 8pm. Of course, my prayer is that I not need to be induced and labor will begin on its own. I asked her many questions about why she felt it was necessary, yada yada. I am fearful of this baby getting too large for me to birth as Ben was 9 lb 6 oz and I was 8 lb 2 oz at birth. I was a little discouraged by this news, but I can't let it get me down! I'm just hoping for my little baby in there to be safe and as healthy as possible. So... I implore you, my blogging friends, to please pray that I go into labor on my own before the 17th. :) Wouldn't it be neat to make Ben a father before father's day? :)

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Thanks for updating Meredith! I've been stalking your blog all day to see if you'd posted! Try not to be discouraged about not dilating more yet. I think it's normal to get stuck at the first cm or 2 and then go through the rest of it in much less time. I know it's tough - hope deferred sort of thing :) We're praying for you!