I got this from my Grandmother that just passed away. Obviously it is some kind of cookware, but what is it? My mom didn't know. I'm thinking an early version of ramekins? What do you think?
Monday, April 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So sorry for your loss, truly. I hope you find peace during this difficult time.
You inherited a popover pan.
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/nonstick-popover-pan/
I've never personally used one before, but I found this receipe. http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/breakfast/recipe-easy-ethereal-popovers-043019
Happy baking!
Thanks Patty!! Making popovers tonight with soup!!
Beats me. Nobody in our family ever makes popovers. Sounds kind of like proper English cooking to me, not Granny's country cookin'
Have fun experimenting.
made them... pictures on the way. They are like waffles in roll form or like Yorkshire puddings (although healthier in ingredient) SUPER easy.
That is cool - I would like a popover pan I think :) I made them once in a muffin tin and they did not turn out right.
I have several things that I inherited from my grandmother when she died. Each one of them reminds me of her every time I use it - mostly cooking or sewing things - it is such a nice way to remember her.
That is such a cool device! Getting Yorkshire Puddings to puff up is really a trick. What you said about piercing the side of the popover makes a lot of sense. I would also like to find one of those! Why? I don't know. I never cook these days unless it takes a grand total of 10 minutes to fix.
Granny P
Post a Comment