Saturday, April 30, 2011

Beki's House

Today we visited Beki's new house. She has been living with us for almost a year and we've really enjoyed it. She has babysat so many times and been a sounding board for me many times too. I told her she is going to miss getting woken up by shrieks and gnashing of teeth. She can call and hear fits almost any time of day these days. (sigh)... but that's another post entirely. Her house is around 100 years old and it has a lot of character. Here are some favorite things about it in my opinion. So excited for you Beki! (she's my sister-in-law in case you don't know)

She has a lot of big and beautiful hasta plants.  Love them!


In her dining room she has these little candle lights in addition to a chandelier light.  I'm loving them!  They are so cute!



When I first saw this I said, "is that fat lady yours?" and Beki said, "it is now"... I guess the previous owners left her there.  Love her!  Now I want my own fat lady.


Look at these old timey light switches!


Love these windows!



and the built in "church pew"


This is not functional, but it's interesting.



What a beauty of a back yard she has. 

No comments: