Monday, April 04, 2011

Stuff I'm Learning and Goals

Something I learned yesterday off of a package of Ravioli:  Originally called "rabioli" or "scraps" in Italian, ravioli was traditionally leftovers from previous meals wrapped between two sheets of pasta dough and served hot.

Also, randomly I got sent an Amish calendar from a Christian bookstore advertising their latest Amish fiction author.  The calendar has recipes and sayings and facts about the Amish.  Here are some Amish proverbs I found interesting:

We did not inherit this land from our fathers.  We are borrowing it from our children.

When you're making vegetable soup, you don't ask whether the peas or the carrots are more important.

True humility is neither thinking too highly of one's self, or thinking too little of one's self, but rather not thinking of one's self at all.

It is easy to be thankful for food when you know where it comes from.

Silence should not be broken unless improved upon.

and finally... some projects I've got on my mind that I'm going to do.  I get these ideas and I can't let them go until I do them.  This embroidery hoop art idea appeals to me because I think it would be fun to choose my own fabrics and shapes.  I'd like to put this in my entryway up high under the overlook at the top of the stairs.  It may not be this exact arrangement, but I like the concept.



This is the project I'm doing next though.  I saw this the other night when Ben and I went on a date.  We stopped by a store just to look- Pottery Barn Kids and I loved the idea.  They had the vent turned onto this thing and it looked like the butterflies were fluttering.  I've gotten all the supplies except the punch for the butterfly.  (still looking for someone that has one)  I'll keep you updated on this little project of mine. It will go in Gwen's room.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your versions!