Friday, June 25, 2010

In the Land of Pee and Poop

My writing has been sporadic this week because I am now in the trenches of potty training Gwen.  She really has decided this all on her own... to which I encourage it all that I can.  The idea of her going to the potty instead of diapers is a triumphant one for me.  She is in the stage now where she wants to do everything, I mean everything, by herself.  She wants to dress herself, get in the van herself, buckle herself in and make her own lunches.  She has a lot of meltdowns lately when she realizes that things do not always go like that and that she must receive help sometimes.  She is not 100% on the potty yet, but she's learning to listen to her body and tell me she needs the potty.  She is just now 2, so I'm not stressing over it or pushing her....but I actually do have a 3 lb bag of gummy worms that I use as rewards.  I don't give that stuff out much, but pooping in the potty gets a big ol fat gummy worm... and she loves it.  :)  Any tips you parents have I would appreciate!!

3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Maybe I need to get a bag of gummy worms! I have decided I have no idea how to get a kid interested in potty training :) I'm glad she is taking the initiative for you!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I didn't give her a gummy worm for her pooping and peeing in the potty. I need to get better at this. When I left and the kids were screaming, I really wondered, "How does Meredith do it?"

Granny P

Stephanie said...

I hated (HATED) potty training, but mine seemed to catch on when they caught on. And Clay would pee in the potty to this day for a gummy worm :-) Sounds like you are doing fine. Just expect accidents along the way and keep going!